Golden Girls say their final goodbye

The varsity golden girls performing “Feel Again” at the sping show dance performance on April 28.

Maddy Smith, Reporter

The Golden Girls performed their annual spring show on April 28. They held a matinee at 3:30 p.m. and a night show at 7 p.m. and the theme for the show this year was Gratitude. 

The show was composed of a duet, three trios, a hip hop ensemble, class routines, competition pieces and a big closing number that included both freshman and varsity dancers. 

The team had been preparing for the show since January.

They practiced every morning, during first hour, leading up to the show, and then they also had a three-hour dress rehearsal each day leading up to the performance day.

Gratitude was chosen as the theme because “[they] wanted to be able to present a show that was a tribute to all the things [their] organization is thankful for,” Victoria Palomino, varsity coach, said.

For the technology side of the show, the team brought in past theater students, Isaiah Reasby and John Legg, to run the lights and music.

It was a very emotional night for the seniors on the team for it was their final performance as a Golden Girl. 

“It was so fun and I couldn’t imagine ending my dancing career in any other way with any other team,” Holly Welch, senior, said.

The seniors performed an ensemble routine that portrayed the emotions they were feeling and “captures how thankful they are for each other,” Palomino said.

Lindsey Eddings, senior, found the show’s ending bitter sweet. 

“After being on the team for four years, you make amazing friendships with all the girls, and you can feel it on the stage. I knew it was all over but also I was able to feel all the love and support for everyone to go on to do bigger and better things next year,” Eddings said.