The Eyrie

• March 13The 5268 Biotech Falcons finished in 20th place after the Heartland Regional qualifying rounds March 9-11.

• March 13The girls basketball team took their sub-state and made their 14th appearance at the state tournament.

• March 1390+ orchestra students travelled to Chicago March 12-15; performed at The Field Museum.

• March 13School to get new WiFi over Spring Break. Stay tuned.

What drives Chase Simmons to perform the way he does?

Sion Worley, Reporter

Chase Simmons, senior, is one of the most well-recognized members of Thespian Troupe 5006, and will continue to be actively involved in both theater and men’s choir.

Having been part of the theater scene for 12 years and in choir for almost 12 years, Simmons is used to being in the spotlight.

However, that does not stop him from being humble. “Being in the spotlight is nice,” he said, “but others definitely deserve a chance more than I do.”

Simmons is also well-known for his work behind-the-scenes as well, especially during the play, “Trap.” “Crew is one of the most important roles in theater; they actually make the show happen” Simmons said.

His most recent acting role was in “The Addams Family,” and his most recent choir performance was at MidAmerica Nazarene University during a practice performance for the Kansas Music Educators Association.

In order to perform his very best, Simmons takes advice and support from his family. “I’d have to say my family is my biggest inspiration,” he said. “They always drive me to do more and do better.”

Having always loved theater, he aspires to continue persuing this career and become well-known in the performing arts.