Knitting Club offered to students during Falcon 50

Dawson Alexander

Students in the Knitting Club go to the room of Taylor Schwartz, FACS teacher, during Falcon 50 session B to relax while knitting.

Megan Gates, Reporter

The Knitting Club has recently been added to the school’s club list. Taylor Schwartz, FACS teacher, has started the knitting club.

The club holds sessions in room 204 on Tuesdays and Thursdays during Falcon 50 session B.

Students who are interested in knitting or crocheting can join and relax.

Kaden Appleberry, senior, learned about the club when she was in her Apparel class and she had to knit for her final.

Appleberry’s favorite thing about knitting is “how relaxing it is.”

Schwartz provides yarn, but students need to bring their own knitting needles or crochet hooks.

The club first got started when Schwartz was talking with a few students and the idea came up. Schwartz then went to Candy Birch, assistant principal, who thought that the club was a great idea.

The club has just gotten started, but the club has three to 10 students so far. Schwartz is still wanting to see the club grow.

“I love watching people learn how to knit, and then hating it at first, and then suddenly they get it and they do it all the time,” Schwartz said.

Students who attend the knitting club can create anything that they want. Schwartz has been making scarfs during club sessions.

The Knitting Club has already gotten together three or four times this year.

Schwartz’s favorite thing about knitting is “that it is relaxing to me, and I can multi-task, so I can watch my favorite Netflix show and knit at the same time.”