The student news site of Olathe South High School

The Eyrie

The Eyrie

The Eyrie

Polls

Which social media is your favorite right now?

• Instagram (29%, 6 Votes)
  • Facebook (24%, 5 Votes)
  • TikTok (19%, 4 Votes)
  • Twitter (19%, 4 Votes)
  • Snapchat (10%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 21

Loading ... Loading ...

Kick anxiety to the curb

Having anxiety is not a walk in park it needs to be talked about
Kick anxiety to the curb

Anxiety is a real thing people deal with every day it can affect them in many different ways causing it to be overwhelming. This overwhelming, can affect someone’s future short term or long term. Having anxiety sucks and no one should feel alone, anxiety is something that needs to be talked about and needs to be dealt with. 

Anxiety is something a lot of us deal with, no matter who we are. It is a real thing people deal with every day, it can affect them in many different ways causing it to be overwhelming. This overwhelming feeling affects many people’s future short-term or long-term. It comes from all sorts of places that cause lots of stress like school, work, or just from simple everyday life. 

I mean anxiety doesn’t just magically disappear when someone tells you to relax. It is a real mental health issue and does affect many day-to-day lives. Having anxiety is not something I’d wish on anyone. It is scary not knowing how to deal with it and it is important to first understand what’s going on and how to get help. There are many ways to cope with anxiety that can help. Stuff like taking deep breaths, getting some exercise, or talking to someone can be a big help. Anxiety is overwhelming but know if you have anxiety you can fight it. Push through and do everything to help it out. This is super cliche to say but it is okay not to be okay sometimes. 

Dealing with it can make many feel like they are trapped in a maze they can’t get out of. It’s scary not knowing how to help and handle it. Remember anxiety does not rule your life, the smallest steps you can take to help is to take care of yourself. Getting help and helping to beat anxiety will take time and effort. Reaching out to friends and family will create the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Though this journey may be hard, know there is a better path ahead. By reaching out and getting help that path is closer. Living with anxiety doesn’t have to suck and life doesn’t have to feel overwhelming. By doing things that can help, life will get better.