Tips on Things to Do Before the End of the First Semester

Jalil Smith, Reporter

On Dec. 21 winter break will begin . However, the start of winter break is also the end of the first semester. These three tips will advise you on things that should be done before the first half of the school year is over.

Teachers like to give out a lot of homework. It may not be liked but they won’t stop just because the end of the semester is near. Not turning in homework could really affect your grade, and not in a good way. Which brings me to my first tip: turn in your homework. It increases your grade, prepares you for oncoming tests, and it looks good on your record. There are no negative side effects for completing your homework.

My second tip, show up for class. This is pretty self-explanatory. Your teachers check to make sure that you’re in class and if you’re not in it, you get marked as absent. Absences can not only cheat you out of a perfect attendance award, it also makes you look bad. Not a lot of colleges want to accept someone who doesn’t attend school on a regular basis. It is overall essential to show up for class.

Just like homework, teachers give you assignments to do in class. It is important for you to do them before your given deadline or else they are overdue. Some people think that just because their assignment is late, there is no reason to complete it. This is wrong. Most teachers grade assignments even if they’re overdue. Plus, doing your late assignments shows that you atleast care about your grade. This goes into my third and final tip: turn in overdue/late assignments.

With these three tips, you can raise your grade and achieve perfect attendance, which will be beneficial as we approach the end of the semester.