Student talk about part time job

Emily Gray, Reporter

When junior Ally Radakovich gets asked what she does afterschool and on weekends, the expected answer isn’t working at her father’s animal clinic. Radakovich works at Market Place Animal Hospital as a receptionist. She isn’t the only person in her family to have had this job however.

“It was all of my siblings first job too. Basically my entire family has worked there,” Radakovich said.
Radakovich’s tasks vary from day to day but the main ones are making and answering phone calls, checking people into and out of appointments, drawing vaccines, and filling medicine prescriptions.

“My favorite part of my job is working with all the dogs and cats,” Radakovich claimed.

Her receptionist job is preparing her for a career that she would like in the future.

“I want to do something in the medical field and my job prepares me by teaching me how to stay calm and what to do in intense situations with people,” Radakovich stated.
Although her job takes up a lot of her time, she still manages to balance school and work.

“I manage to balance work and school by making sure that if I have any free time in school, I try to study or get my homework done,” Radakovich said.

At the end of the day, Radakovich says she would give her job a solid nine out of 10 rating, with the only downside being that it can sometimes be stressful.