The Eyrie

• February 14Support the forensics program. Volunteer to judge at the tournament Feb. 16-17.

• February 7The Bowling Varsity Boys, JV Girls & JV Boys took 1st against Olathe North, Olathe West & Lawrence Free State.

• January 31Savanna Mueller had a 528 series and Connor Hazen had a 629 at the Jan. 30 bowling meet against Gardner-Edgerton & Washburn Rural.

National Honor Society putting on first annual dance-a-thon

Maddie Smith, reporter

National Honor Society (NHS) is putting on the first annual dance-a-thon on Feb. 23 from 6 – 9 p.m. in the south gym.

The entry fee will be $5, and all the proceeds will be donated to the America Cancer Society. All the profit made from concessions will also go towards the fund. The goal is to raise at least $1000.

The American Cancer Society, established in 1913, is a nationwide volunteer health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer.

“It won’t be a traditional dance-a-thon,” Marci Gibbens, NHS sponsor, said.

The music that will be playing will be from the ‘60s through ‘90s, and after each decade of music ends, there will be small games for the students to play.

The event was inspired due to the students involved in NHS wanting to help several students somehow impacted by cancer.

“We wanted to make a contribution, even if it was just a small one,” Gibbens said.

Students can get involved by volunteering to help set up or run the games and concessions. They can also simply show up, enjoy themselves and show their support for the cause.