The Eyrie

• February 14Support the forensics program. Volunteer to judge at the tournament Feb. 16-17.

• February 7The Bowling Varsity Boys, JV Girls & JV Boys took 1st against Olathe North, Olathe West & Lawrence Free State.

• January 31Savanna Mueller had a 528 series and Connor Hazen had a 629 at the Jan. 30 bowling meet against Gardner-Edgerton & Washburn Rural.

UCLA athletes caught stealing

Sarah Buehler, Editor

In November, three basketball players from University of California, Los Angeles, (UCLA) were caught shoplifting in Hangzhou, China.

LiAngelo Ball, Jalen Hill and Cody Riley were the three freshmen from UCLA who stole sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store near the hotel they were staying at.

The players could have been stuck in China for months while they waited for the legal process to be handled and have a prison sentence between 3 and 10 years, but Donald Trump, president, intervened.

Trump was on a tour of Beijing two days after the athletes were accused of stealing and was able to speak to China’s president, Xi Jinping, and was able to get the athletes back to the United States safely.

On Nov. 16, the three players released a statement thanking Trump for his help after Trump released a series of tweets declaring how ungrateful the players were.

Following Trump’s tweets, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo Ball, refused to thank the president for his assistance on getting his son home from China.

Trump reacted quickly calling him an “ungrateful tool” and that he “should have left them in jail.”

The responses on both sides were both extremely inappropriate. Ball should have acknowledged and thanked the president while Trump should have not reacted by posting a series of tweets.

The players have been suspended from playing at UCLA.