South places in multiple TSA events

Delaney Garrelts, Reporter

Overall, the South TSA team earned second place out of the 12 schools that were participating in the competition.

The Technology Student Association had a competition held on Nov. 7. All the middle and high schools from the district competed, as did several Blue Valley schools.

In the competition, the South team participated in multiple events, including Aviation Endurance and CO2 Dragsters.

South placed in over four divisions of the competition, with multiple team members placing in the same events.

South students won four out of the top five spots for the 3D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) in Engineering.

Lindsey Eddings, senior, earned first place; Austin Stecklein, senior, placed second; Kevin Reed, senior, placed fourth; and Ben Stoeck, junior, placed fifth.

The Quality Assurance teams also took the top two spots in their division, with the team comprised of Eddings, Stoek, Stecklein, and Jackson Ness, senior, took first place.

A secondary team of Brett Schilly and Sean Yake, seniors, and Kolby Grabil and Conner Flory, juniors, took second place.

The team as a whole placed third in the Problem Solving competition because of the quick thinking of Yake and Grabil.

Eddings also placed second in the Technical Sketching competition.

The Technology Student Association held the competition on Nov. 7.

All the middle and high schools from the district competed, as did several of the Blue Valley schools.