Staff talks safety of sex education

Maddie Kindig, Reporter

Learning about sex education in high schools is something every student is familiar with. But how much do the schools really teach students?

A majority of the staff said the teaching was very vague and didn’t go in depth at all.

Usually taught in freshman health class, the teachers touched on Sexually Transmitted diseases (STD) and how sex is bad for people. Some of the staff said they learned more about sex education in middle school than in High School.

The other half of the staff said that they either didn’t remember or were never taught anything in their Health Class. Stating that nothing was ever spoken about it or the subject was just passed over with a few words.

One thing agreed on by the staff is that everyone deserves to have the same level of sex education in order for students to better understand what they could be getting themselves into.

Therefore, many of the staff feels that sex education should be taught in the classroom for many reasons.

Those including parents not teaching their children, it’s a natural thing, and that some students may not get properly taught.

All said sex ed according to the staff is a subject that needs to be taught more to help students understand how sex works and everything that comes with it.