All Falcon choir groups perform at first concert

Maddie Black, Reporter

Peace, love and understanding was the theme of the first choir concert on Oct. 17. Elise Peterson, director, chose this theme because of all of the events that happened over the summer.

The freshmen opened the concert, starting with Falcon Women singing “Music in My Mother’s House” by Stuart Stotts and “Elijah Rock” arranged by Jester Hairston. The Falcon Men sang three songs; “Dust in the Wind” arranged by Jake Narverud, “Sherry” arranged by Mac Huff and “The Awakening” by Joseph M. Martin. Andrew Allen, senior had a solo in “Sherry.”

Next the Falconettes sang “Da Pacem Domine” by Mary Goetze, “I Dream a World” by Joan Szymko and “Come to the Music” by Joseph M. Martin. Chorale sang “Flight Song” by Kim Andre Arnesen.

Then the Southside Singers and Chorale sang “Vision” by Andrea Ramsey, “Fare Thee Well Love” by James Mulholland and “Shout Glory!” by Byron J. Smith. Jonathan Swanson, sophmore had a solo in “Fare Thee Well Love.” David Nelson, Ezra Stanley, sophomores, and Eryn Patrick, junior, all had solos in “Shout Glory!”

Last, the Southside singers sang “Blackbird” arranged by Daryl Runswick, “Sonnet of Love” by Robert H. Young and “The Argument” by Francis J. Nesta. The concert ended with “Seasons of Love” arranged by Roger Emerson.

Peterson was very proud of how the first concert went. She said the choir needs to work on their sight reading and being more efficient in music reading. The choir department is now working toward their holiday concert on Dec. 8.