Bringing in the bacon-

Falcon Service club raises money for CCVI

Ann Marie Hrdy

Kenyon Thornburg, math teacher, teaches students about pi while wearing a bacon suit.

Sharidan Kraljic, Co-Editor

Apparently, wearing a bacon suit while teaching isn’t all that difficult, according to Kenyon Thornburg, math teacher.

During the week before spring break, the Falcon Service club ran the fundraiser “Coins for CCVI.”

CCVI is the Children’s Center for the Visually Impaired, located in Kansas City. CCVI helps children who are blind or have a visual impairment to reach their highest potential in the sighted world, according to Stephanie Dupree, FSC co-sponsor.

Schmitt, the other FSC sponsor, has a partnership with CCVI, which is why it was the recipient of the donations.

FSC made the fundraiser more interesting by using the motive of seeing a teacher in a bacon suit for an entire day.

“This is our second time completing this service project, and we hope to continue it next school year,” Dupree said. “We tried to find the most ridiculous costume possible. A bacon costume seemed hilarious and looked perfect on Mr. Thornburg. He pulled it off, and we thank him for it!”

To wear the bacon suit, Thornburg collected $45. The other teachers involved raised a little over $10 each.

Overall, FSC raised $80 for CCVI; however, their goal was $100.