Students receive opportunity to visit WW1 museum

Sarah Buehler, Reporter

The modern world history class had the opportunity to go to the World War I Museum in Kansas City, on Saturday Jan. 30.

The trip was optional; students will either go with their family or with the class. They spent half the day there with lunch included.

Nic Cook, social studies teacher, said, “I’m hoping that students will see the sheer magnitude of the war and how the U.S. got involved.” Also students will understand the life experience then and all the expenses for the war, and all of the artifacts from the war.

There is not a specific exhibit the students saw, but teachers wanted to make sure the students saw the two videos there about how the war impacted the United States.

Teri Daugherty, social studies teacher, said, “I think the students got a lot more information and the appreciation for that kind of warfare from the museum than reading from a textbook.”

Madison Prough, freshman, who attended with the class, said, “ My favorite part of the visit was the two videos shown about the war and U.S. I took away a lot more information from going with the class than I would going alone. It was a lot more in depth. I strongly suggest that they continue with this trip for freshmen in upcoming years.”