Funny guy?

Kolton Lehman performs at comedy clubs

Kolton+Lehman%2C+senior%2C++visits+comedy+clubs+to+hone+his+skill+as+much+as+he+can+and+is+also+a+class+clown.+He+draws+inspiration+from+things+like+%E2%80%9CTosh.0%E2%80%9D++and+%E2%80%9CComedy+Central+Roast.%E2%80%9D+

Travis Kahn

Kolton Lehman, senior, visits comedy clubs to hone his skill as much as he can and is also a class clown. He draws inspiration from things like “Tosh.0” and “Comedy Central Roast.”

Maddie Kindig, Reporter

Almost everything seems to be a joke to Kolton Lehman, senior. In this case, that’s a good thing because Lehman does stand-up comedy routines at Stanford & Sons Comedy Club in his free time.

“I listen to stand-up how most people listen to music,” he said.

He has been going to comedy clubs since his freshman year, but only started preparing routines sometime last summer.

Lehman tries his best to make the most of the three minutes alloted for open mic night at Standford & Sons.

He has often frequented Stanford & Sons during the summer, but between school, work and his extra-curricular activities, he has found himself going less and less.

Lehman draws inspiration for his routines from comedians like Anthony Jeselnik, of “Comedy Central Roast” and “The Jeselnick Offensive,” as well as Daniel Tosh, of “Tosh.0,” for their envelope-pushing style.

Another comedian whose sense of humor Lehman admires is Stephen Colbert, of “The Late Show” and “The Colbert Report.”

He likes that they joke about things that others feel uncomfortable joking about about.

Lehman described his own sense of humor as “innapropriate in the way that it shouldn’t be laughed at” , or “shock humor” and it’s very sarcastic.

“There’s nothing that can’t be made fun of,” he said.

Lehman said that his whole life is basically just him acting and that he tries not to take himself too seriously.

“That’s how I deal with tradgedy. I joke about about it,” he said.

In addition to his stand-up routines, Lehman is also an active member of the Improv Club. They travel to Comedy City in Westport to take part in improv comedy competitions.

Whether it’s well thought out routine comedy or completely improvised, humor plays a prime role Lehman’s life.

Besides the Improv Club, he doesn’t know anyone else his age that attends comedy clubs.

“I’m the funniest person I know,” Lehman said jokingly.

Making even just one person laugh with his jokes gives him a sense of fulfillment.

Lehman definitely views comedy as something worth pursuing in the future.

“I want to go up to Chicago and try my hand at Second City improv,” he said.