How does Ryan Robinson run his own online radio show?

Ryan+Robinson%2C+senior%2C+has+run+his+own+online+radio+show+since+he+was+a+freshman.+

Alex Francis

Ryan Robinson, senior, has run his own online radio show since he was a freshman.

Sion Worley, Reporter

Ryan Robinson, senior, has had his own online radio show since freshman year.

His radio show is live at his website Planet Party, which can be found at ryanrobinson.org. He has not hosted any guests yet, but hopes to be able to have some in the future. As of now, he plays music suggested by his audience.

He likes how interactive the show can be, taking requests from the audience and playing the music they would like to hear, including rock, blues, country, jazz and more.

“Expect a lot of musical variety – you won’t hear the same five or six songs over and over again,” Robinson said.

The show’s main content is, of course, music, and everything is completely unscripted, which gives the show a feeling of being more genuine, yet “on-the-fly.”

Robinson said it isn’t that difficult to run the online show, once he got used to pushing the right buttons and catering to all the viewers’ wants when they call in.

The show is live from 7-10:30 p.m. during the school year and from 7- 11 p.m. during the summer. His website also has plenty of topical sports news. There is no traffic or weather news on the website because Robinson just works off the internet, and it would take too much time and effort to be constantly updating the information.