Why has Andrea Strickler been acting for 12 years?

Andrea+Strickler%2C+senior%2C+has+been+acting+for+12+years.+

Corinne Staley

Andrea Strickler, senior, has been acting for 12 years.

Rachel Pierson, Reporter

Starlight, Theater in the Park, New Theatre Restaurant and Christian Youth Theater (CYT) are just a few of the many places Andrea Strickler, senior, has performed.

“It’s really cool getting to perform alongside people who are passionate about being on stage and creating something magical as a cast,” Strickler said.

Beginning at the age of 6, Strickler developed her love of theater as she performed her first show “Aladdin Jr.”

Having been in 36 shows total, 18 at CYT and 18 outside of CYT, Strickler has had the opportunity to meet many individuals with whom she has maintained close relationships.

“What I love most about theater is the people that I get to meet and build new relationships with,” Strickler said. “Everywhere I go I run into someone I know.”

Strickler’s favorite show that she has performed outside of school was “Hairspray” at the New Theatre Restaurant, but her favorite show that she has performed inside of school was “Crush.”

The hardest role she has had to play was Emily in “Our Town” because “it was emotionally challenging,” Strickler said.

After high school, Strickler plans to major in musical theater and will be auditioning for several different colleges’ theater programs.