Student models learn skills

Nicole+Fuentes%2C+senior%2C+has+been+working+with+Hoffman+International+for+a+little+over+a+year.+

Nicole Fuentes, senior, has been working with Hoffman International for a little over a year.

Teegan Odom, Reporter

What is modeling? Modeling is when a young, beautiful individual puts on clothes and walks down a runway doing a type of pose when she reaches the end. It also is when a person does photo shoots in designer clothing.

Nicole Fuentes, senior, has a contract with Hoffman International and “started a little over a year ago.” She started modeling because some of her family models, and to start, she had to take classes about the movement of the body and how to take care of skin.

She loves to model but said they don’t get to keep the clothes they model. She models the latest trends, and people do her hair and makeup.

Her favorite shoot so far has been a wedding shoot. Fuentes got to model wedding dresses.

The fashion shows she does are really fast paced and she has to move fast to change into different designers’ clothing.

Fuentes has also gotten to shoot with a London photographer and wear a blonde wig. She doesn’t plan on modeling her whole life; she just wants it as a side job.

Some photo shoots last the whole day and others last three hours. The models mostly get paid $75 per hour.

Summer Kragel, sophomore, also a model, has a contract with Hoffman International. She started classes in seventh grade, but waited to start modeling because of her braces.

Kragel learned from the classes how to walk, what fits best on her body and proper skin care. The modeling she does is themed on what it’s surrounded by. For example, if she modeled in Paris, the theme would be about Paris and all the romance in Paris.

When designers create a new accessory or new clothes, they promote the items by putting them on a model and having either a fashion show or a photo shoot where the photos will go in the magazine.

Models are required to look and act a certain way and that is why in order to start they have to take classes.

Most people think modeling is simple and easy and that all the model has to do is put on clothes and pose. In reality it is a lot of work; models have to go to classes and train and practice for it.

It requires models to be in different environments and have little to no sleep sometimes.

There are all types of different modeling. The most common modeling is modeling for magazines. Another type of modeling is doing the runway.

Live modeling is one of the most popular modeling types because so many people a model go down a runway in clothing designs they might buy.