Which music app is best?

Riley Story, Reporter

There is always a conflict between which music app is best. From Youtube music to Apple music, which one is better? There are many different types of music apps, some are free, some with ads, Youtube, Spotify and Pandora. Some you have to pay for, Spotify for no ads, same with Pandora, and Apple Music and a completely free streaming app is youtube.  So which one really is better? 

So first of all Spotify, Pandora and Youtube are all free yet with ads and the ads are normally thirty seconds to a minute long and occur about every 2-3 songs, which can be very annoying, especially when you’re just trying to relax or trying to get stuff done. 

So first is Spotify and Apple Music. Apple Music is one that is free to download but you have to pay to listen to anything on there. Personally I have Apple Music, there are no ads, and you only pay ten dollars a month to listen to anything you want, but you could also buy spotify and it does the same thing for cheaper.  Spotify is the best rated streaming/music app, according to google. According to The Verge, “Spotify has a large catalog of music (35+ million songs), the best playlist recommendations, useful, yet non-intrusive social features, and a variety of plans (including student discounts) that make it great for most music listeners with a smartphone and some headphones,” but so does apple music? Apple music has 90+ million songs, has playlist recommendations, and a variety of plans as well and has better streaming offers. According to Sound Guys, “Apple Music is a better option than Spotify Premium simply because it currently offers high-resolution streaming. However, Spotify still has some major advantages like collaborative playlists, better social features, and more.” Apple music seems to be the best choice because of its high- resolution streaming. 

Next up is Youtube and Pandora. According to Slant, “The Pandora music streaming service is the best at predicting which songs the user would enjoy hearing.” and the Sound Guys say “You can also thumbs up or thumbs down songs to control what plays on the Station and to save for on-demand playback later.” Now for youtube, According to Android Central, “YouTube Music is a streaming platform that gives you easy access to official song audio and videos in one single place. It’s free to use, but paying for the Premium version gives you a much more powerful experience with a host of additional features.” This one is kind of a tie; most likely people may choose youtube music, just because it’s a part of youtube and it has videos and lyrical videos. 

So for the final two, Youtube music and Apple Music. Which one actually is better?