School in opposition over impeachment

Colton Mudloff, Reporter

President Donald Trump took office at the beginning of 2017. Trump received the electoral votes needed for him to take office; however, he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton. Before Trump had even given his inauguration speech, many high-profile Democrats, as well as some Republicans, spoke out against Trump’s election.
Soon after Trump won the election, Democrats started their campaign to impeach Trump. Those who spoke out demanded that Trump was to be taken out of office as soon as possible.
Early in his presidency, Trump made moves by firing former FBI Director James Comey and asking him to “let go” of the investigation into former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn. This action was especially criticized as being suspicious as Flynn’s dealings with Russia had led to his resignation.
The efforts to impeach Trump have recently been spearheaded by California billionaire Tom Seyer creating needtoimpeach.com in attempts to collect online signatures for the impeachment petition. Seyer’s campaign has been successful in gathering over seven million digital signatures. Seyer, having confidence in the Democratic Party majority in the House of Representatives, believes that his website – backed by the people’s digital signatures – will be enough to pressure the senate into voting Trump out of office.
Following Trump’s possible impeachment, the next person in line for taking office is US Vice President Mike Pence, Trump’s running-mate in the 2016 election. Those who seek Trump’s impeachment, Rolling Stone warns, may want to consider what the aftermath of Trump’s impeachment would look like.
Pence is Republican, just like Trump; however, Pence has made many statements in op-eds that revealed his anti-gay rights and anti-abortion policies and his belief in homosexual conversion therapy. With this in mind, many voters plan to wait for trump to serve the remainder of his term and elect a different candidate to oppose Trump’s re-election.
Both anonymous teachers and students do not feel like impeaching Trump, at least not yet.
“We have a lot of accusation and very little proof,” the teacher said.
“I’m all on board once we have proof.”
Others do not want to impeach Trump because they approve of the job he has done.
“I like that he is putting more money into the military,” the student said.
Another student said, “I don’t think he has gone against congress or the senate.”