The Eyrie

• April 5The OS StuCo team raised $2867 , almost $1000 more than the 2nd place team, at the Olathe Youth Relay for Life event last weekend.

• April 5Mr. Falcon is back Friday in the auditorium! Proceeds support Noah's Bandage Project or Inclusion Connections.

• March 13The 5268 Biotech Falcons finished in 20th place after the Heartland Regional qualifying rounds March 9-11.

• March 13The girls basketball team took their sub-state and made their 14th appearance at the state tournament.

District shows documentary “Big Sonia”

Megan Gates, Repoter

The Olathe School District is offering students and faculty the opportunity to see “Big Sonia,” a documentary about one of the last living survivors of the Holocaust.

The documentary tells the story of Sonia Warshawski, a Holocaust survivor that lives in Kansas City, Kan.

Olathe South showed the documentary on Thursday, April 5, in the auditorium, but there will also be showings at Olathe West on Wednesday, April 11, and Olathe North on Monday, April 16.

The doors open at 6:30 p.m., but the show doesn’t start until 7 p.m.

The showings are for the students, staff, family, and community. The film is not, rated but the recommended age is middle school or older.

Tickets are free, but they need to be reserved in advance. Tickets can be reserved through the Olathe School District website.

The district is showing this documentary to bring this woman’s story to more people. The district was given the go ahead to show the film.

History classes are not requiring students to see the documentary, but they are encouraging them to do so.