Seniors receive recognition before graduation

On+May+10%2C+seniors+were+recognized+for+different+accomplishments+and+received+awards+before+graduation.+

Ashley Wheeler

On May 10, seniors were recognized for different accomplishments and received awards before graduation.

Jake Ripkey, Reporter

With seniors graduating this month, it was time to recognize the best of the best for the class of 2017. On April 10, seniors were recognized for their academic achievement.

Twenty-nine students were awarded the President’s Award of Academic Excellence; these students were awarded this for having higher than a 3.5 GPA.

Tre Adger and Grace Williams were recognized for being the best athletes. They were selected by all the varsity coaches. These students were chosen based on their character, leadership, performance and behavior.

“It is such an honor recognizing students for their achievements; it’s why we do this job,” Matt Johnson, athletic director, said.

Four students were presented faculty awards by Clint Albers, principal.

Rylie Sheffield was honored with the Board of Education award for being a graduating student who shows initiative, intelligence and integrity.

Zach Hoeven and Cooper Reves won the Principal’s Leadership awarded by Albers.  Makayla Gooch and Adger won the KSHSAA Citizenship Award for exhibiting good sportsmanship and citizenship.

Ryan Hovey was honored with the Faculty Award given to a boy or girl who goes above and beyond in service to the school.

Additionally, every senior who received a scholarship was recognized in a slideshow presentation.