Project graduation plans for upcoming year

Aysiah Loving, Assistant Feature Editor

Project Graduation has grand plans for the seniors this year.

This organization that is run by a few senior parents have several goals that they are working towards in order to have an unforgettable post graduation party.

“We have many goals including raising funds to cover the cost of the venue, activities, food and beverages for the party,” Robin Garrett, co-chair, said.

Since the annual graduation party has been held at the Matt Ross Community Center for several years, the committee has decided to hold it at a new venue. Project Grad will be celebrating at Main Event this year.

“We are very excited to have the opportunity to work with a new venue for the post-graduation party this year. Main Event offers some great activities we hope will be fun and exciting for the graduates,” Garrett said.

Project Graduation hopes to raise at least $40,000 for the event. The organization hopes to raise this money by accepting donations from parents and local businesses, hosting the Car and Bike Show (which is Sept. 24) and hosting a Top Golf event (which is Oct. 23). These events will contribute to one night of great fun for seniors.

“Project Graduation takes a lot of work and parent involvement, but is well worth it to give students a safe and fun night after the graduation ceremony,” Garrett said.