New counselors bring change to students

Sion Worley, Reporter

Students wanting to speak with their counselor or administrator should check the signs for each of the counselor assignments have changed.

The office has gained three new counselors this year: Traci Johnston, Chad Hoffman and Mary Glotzbah.

The new assignment process will greatly reduce stress on the counselors since the student body can now be split between five counselors instead of four.

“Having five instead [of four] cuts down the assignment to each counselor significantly, making it easier for counselors and students to communicate.” Amy Iwert, counselor, said.

By replacing two previous counselors and adding a new one, the student-counselor assignment process has changed: Johnston is assigned grades 10-12 with last names A-F, Hoffman is assigned to the freshman class, and Glotzbah works with all students, last names M-Q, and AVID students.

New administrator assignments are Candy Birch, grade 9; Denise Herman, grades 10-12 Har-M; Keri Snyder, grades 10-12 A-Han, and Matt Johnson, grades 10-12 N-Z.

So all freshmen have a new administrator this year.

The new staff are quickly settling into their new positions and already feel quite comfortable with their new surroundings.

“It’s awesome to be here, it feels like home,” Hoffman said, “Everybody is laid back and we enjoy each others’ company.”

The new counselors have been well-received by both the student body and the school staff; they hope to make a positive difference in the student populace and the school as a whole.

Other changes to office/student support staff include a new social worker, Megan Alspaugh, a new assistant principal, Matt Johnson, and the new principal, Clint Albers.