The vote is in—

StuCo officers prepare for next year

Amanda Fish, junior, presenting her speech for to get voted student council secretary for the 2016-2017 school year

Emma Nicholson, Reporter

The votes are counted and the results are in as of April 28.

Jaylie Postlewait, Sofija Thomas and Natalie Miller, sophomores, all ran for Junior Class president. Because this position was the only one that had multiple people running, only sophomores voted.

Postlewait won the majority. She has been her class president for the last two years.

“Everybody [in StuCo] has the same role, I want to make [the positions] more individual,” Postlewait said.

She wants to make the school better by getting the students together more.

Eighteen students ran for the positions of either the Student Council, Senior, Junior, or Sophomore class.

Students could run for president, vice president, secretary or treasurer.

“There [was] only one contested position, so campaigning [was] minimal because [those running unopposed] will be elected,” Shelley Bright, StuCo sponsor, said.

Cooper Reves ran this year for StuCo president. He, like Postlewait, wants the school to be more connected and plans on creating more activities together as a school.

“[The benefits of StuCo are] being involved and giving back to your school and community,” Reves said.

Candidates signed up for times to record their speeches, and students edited the videos, according to Roger Ramseyer, industrial tech teacher.

“[Videos] would be more economical of time and a more modern approach,” Ramseyer said.

Bright said those running unopposed made acceptance speeches.

Those who campaigned started the week of April 18 an went until the election was held.