The student news site of Olathe South High School

The Eyrie

The Eyrie

The Eyrie

Polls

Which social media is your favorite right now?

• Instagram (29%, 6 Votes)
  • Facebook (24%, 5 Votes)
  • TikTok (19%, 4 Votes)
  • Twitter (19%, 4 Votes)
  • Snapchat (10%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 21

Loading ... Loading ...

Romance Book Recommendations

Romance Book Recommedations
Red, White, and Royal Blue By: Casey McQuiston

Beloved by the LGBTQ+ audience, this novel seamlessly combines love and duty, following the love story of the President’s son and a British prince as they struggle to find a place for themselves in a world that will offer nothing but heavy judgment to their love. As they fight for their secret relationship, battling paparazzi, newspapers, meddling family members, and their own hearts, they are faced with a choice that has the potential to destroy their careers, their reputations, and their family. Executed beautifully, this book will make you believe in the power of love like never before, and give you the strength to pursue your own romance, regardless of the ties that bind you down.

The American Roommate Experiment By: Elena Armas

A passionate, beautifully written tale of a completely incidental roommate arrangement between a struggling writer and an injured surfer, The American Roommate Experiment will leave you giddy with all those feel-good lovey-dovey chemicals. When charming, adorable Lucas Martin falls (literally) into his cousin’s – aka Rosie Graham’s best friend’s – apartment, the two hit it off immediately, sharing an apartment, undeniable chemistry, even more undeniable feelings for each other. The only problem(s)? Well, first off, Rosie is suffering from extreme writer’s block, and Lucas is due back to Spain in six weeks. The solution? A series of experimental dates that are meant to simply jump-start Rosie’s inspiration, but only end up creating more feelings between the two that are even harder to ignore than before. Though the plot seemed to drag a bit at times, and gave insufficient and confusing information for the backgrounds of both Rosie and Lucas, this novel draws you in with brilliant humor and heart-melting charm.

The Spanish Love Deception By: Elena Armas

A witty, hilarious novel belonging to the enemies-to-lovers trope, The Spanish Love Deception follows rival coworkers Catalina Martin and Aaron Blackford, who absolutely despise each other. However, Catalina needs a date to her sister’s wedding, and her condescending, annoying enemy might be the only shot she has to decieve her family into believing she has an American boyfriend. As the two venture across the world, dodging family members and incorrect hotel reservations, they begin to realize that their rivalry is fading away, being rapidly replaced by something else…. Something neither of them could have seen coming. This novel was a quick read, and exceptionally difficult to put down - every chapter had me wondering what was next. But, as every novel has its’ downsides, this one’s plot was over too soon - the path leading up to the discovery of romance was long and winding, while the romance itself was quick and fiery, and then the book was over. Despite this, this novel will not fail to make you laugh, think, and feel in the best way possible.

The Love Hypothesis By: Ali Hazelwood
The Love Hypothesis By: Ali Hazelwood

An all-time favorite with all of the best romance aspects, this novel will make you wonder if a fake  PhD student Olive Smith is simply trying to fight her way through school. What she didn’t expect was to suddenly find herself in an unexpected fake relationship with a completely gorgeous but also completely despised professor, Adam Carlsen, in an attempt to convince her best friend that she has a boyfriend. However, Carlsen’s reputation deceives him, and as time passes and the lines between real and pretend begin blurring, feelings become more and more noticeable, and Olive must decide whether to give up the facade or allow herself beyond the boundaries of science - into something much more powerful. However, this book can be viewed as repetitive and superficial - many observations Olive makes of Carlsen are centralized around his body and looks. This novel employs all of the best parts of romance, combining chemistry and heart beautifully, teaching the reader that underneath a cold exterior is a heart of gold.

Hopeless By: Colleen Hoover
Hopeless By: Colleen Hoover

Heartbreaking and breathtaking, this slow burn romance will leave your heart full of the most beautiful sorrow, questioning everything you know about love, family, and loyalty. When Sky Davis meets the brooding, mysterious Dean Holder, who quickly takes a rather unsettling but romantic interest in her, she has no idea what to do with the new feelings he brings about in her, especially after her previous experiences with men. However, as the two’s connection begins to grow, secrets are revealed, leaving Sky to question everything she knows about her life… and herself. This novel was incredible… but also extremely difficult to read, and frustrating at times to follow. Your attention will be held until the very last page, and your heartstrings will be tugged in the most painful and thought-provoking ways. 

WARNING: Contains mentions of triggering subjects, such as suicide and abuse.