Spring Break: What did you do?

Kayla Staley, Reporter

Spring break is a time for family, friends and fun. Whether that involves traveling or staying home depends on time, preference and expense.

Many students enjoyed their time at home while others got to experience all that spring break has to offer elsewhere.

Morgan Hunter, junior, stayed in a condo on the beach in Alabama.

“My father is a science teacher so we did a lot of ‘sciency things’,” Hunter said. “My favorite part was all of the Southern food like gumbo and seafood.”

From tanning to museums to spending time on the beach, Hunter’s spring break was very enjoyable for her and her family.

Like Hunter, Caroline Sukstorf, freshman, went to the beach, but she traveled all the way to the east coast. She visited Busch Gardens and the beach in Florida.

“My favorite part was the cool roller coasters,” Sukstorf said.

Overall, she enjoyed her spring break, but apparently the “plane was lame.”

Sarah Knapp, sophomore, also visited Florida, but she spent a whole day at Universal Studios and Disney World.

Her favorite part of the family vacation was Harry Potter World because “it was similar to the books.”

Just because someone isn’t able to go to the beach doesn’t mean that his or her spring break was not enjoyable as well.

Opal Stephens, design teacher, visited her family in Texas and the Olathe South Orchestra spent their time in Chicago.

However, many students stayed in Kansas for spring break, taking advantage of the events close to home.

Gabby Uecker, senior, went to the Maroon 5 concert at the Sprint Center and Caleb Nugent, junior, attended Comicon.

Nugent’s favorite part of the convention was “meeting Amy Pond [from] ‘Doctor Who.’”

Nathan Enserro, junior, spent his time enjoying a sport he doesn’t get to play too often.

“I was able to play a lot of basketball, which is something I never do anymore,” Enserro said.

Despite spring break inevitably coming to an end, many students returned to school with stories about their action packed-adventures or their relaxing time off.