Cold weather allows for fun activities

As winter comes, it typically is accompanied with snow. For some students, a snow day is a day to enjoy, but for others it is a day to dread because it is just too cold.

Many students admit to enjoying snow days because they get opportunities to engage in fun activities.

“I absolutely love when it snows because it gives me a chance to go snowboarding,” Maxx Majors, junior, said.

Along with Majors, Jackson Blanco, junior, likes to be active when it snows.

“My friends and I went sledding one day when it snowed and it was pretty fun,” Blanco said.

Some snow days have created unforgettable memories.

“My favorite snow day I think was in 2013. We had a week off of school because we ended up getting like 2-3 feet of snow, so my friends and I built an igloo,” Dylan Brewer, junior, said.

Much like Brewer, Ethan Hoeven, senior, also has a favorite snow day memory with lots of activity.

“A long time ago, back in the day, all my neighbors came outside and we had a big snow fight. It was amazing! Then we made snow ice cream when we went outside,” Hoeven said.

Eryn Patrick, junior, remembers a snow day with her family that she cherishes.

“The best snow day was when I was about 7 years old. I built a huge snow fort with my family. It was great!” Patrick said.

Some students express their joy in remaining inside while it snows.

“My favorite snowy day for me would just be lazy all day. Staying in my PJ’s, drinking hot chocolate, and watching TV. I also like messing around in the snow with my best friend and sitting by the fire,” Malia Toomay, freshman, said.

Much like Toomay, Patrick also likes staying inside to watch movies when it snows.

“My ideal snow day looks like staying in my pajamas all day and watching movies with my sister,” Patrick said.

Lily Gray, junior, utilizes snow days by working on school work and reserving some time for personal fun.

“During snow days, I wake up early to make tea or coffee and then get started on school work. I then use the rest of the day for activities like doing a face mask or painting my nails,” Gray said.

A couple students admit to not enjoying snow days as much as others due to their dislike for the icy weather.

“I’m not a huge fun of snowy days because I don’t like the cold. An ideal snow day for me would be being able to go someplace warm,” Bennett Shipley, junior, said.

Camille Addison, senior, also isn’t very keen on snow days.

“I like snow days, but not for too long because I do not like the cold. I usually like laying in bed and watching movies and drinking hot chocolate,” Addison said.