Five activities to switch up your Spring Break!

Aysiah Loving, Reporter

Instead of doing the same old things, why not try these five activities this Spring Break.

As Spring Break approaches students should not settle on just going to the movies or sitting around all day.

The first activity is for those who enjoy solving puzzles and are up for a challenge.

The place is called the Escape Room. During this activity, a group of two to eight people must try to escape one of the three rooms (there are three more to come) given certain clues.

This Kansas City attraction is great for a group of friends to hang out, or a fun family outing, and the price ranges from $30 per person to $20 per person (the more in a group, the cheaper the price).

If you are an art fanatic, then why not visit The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.

The museum is free, but if attending a special exhibit, there is a ticket fee. The museum is currently hosting “Reflecting Class in the Age of Rembrandt and Vermeer” exhibition, which costs six dollars with a student ID.

The Nelson-Atkins has different classes to attend, and has places to shop and dine.

The third place is called The American Jazz Museum. This place constantly has different artists performing and different classes to participate in.. If you love music, especially jazz, then the American Jazz Museum is the place to be.

This fourth one is for the students who plan to spend Spring Break with their families.

Students who might think rolling around on a Segway sounds fun, why not go to Segway and Bike Stroll, where someone can tour Kansas City or play team building activities on a Segway  or rent a bicycle.

This activity is a bit more expensive than the others (about $60 per person), but is worth it. If you are under the age of 18, make sure a person over the age of 21 tags along.

The last, but certainly not least, activity is to visit the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art.

Unlike the last four places, this museum is located much closer to home in Johnson County Community College in Overland Park.

The museum features rising artists from around the world and has a special section for Kansas artists, admission is free.

A guest can attend a self-guided tour or a docent-led tour.

This Spring Break students should make sure to try some of these activities instead of doing the same boring thing.